Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Recipe courtesy of Greatist
4 large apples (honeycrisp is a favorite)
3/4 cup whole oats
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 pinch of allspice
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3/4 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, pecans, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
3. Remove the apple cores without cutting through the bottom of the apples. An apple corer works great; otherwise use a paring knife to cut out the core and a spoon to scoop out any remaining seeds.
4. Fill apple centers with the oat mixture.
5. Place apples in a small baking dish, and add water to the bottom of the dish.
6. Bake 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the apples, until tender but not mushy.
7. Remove from the oven and serve warm.