A tidy tack room can make a big difference on your farm! Not only will you be able to find things easier, but it can actually extend the life of your tack. Say goodbye to a messy tack room with these practical tips. Your life is about to get a whole lot easier!
Top 10 Tips for a Tidy Tack Room
1. Each horse should have a designated tack spot
. This will make it easier to find their saddle and headstall before a ride. You won’t have to go on a hunt each time!
2. The room should be dry and well-ventilated
. Leather and metal is prone to molding and rusting when moisture is present. If you want to keep a fresh tack room, then make sure there isn’t any dampness.
3. Only keep supplies around that you actually use! You can avoid clutter
by selling or getting rid of unused tack.
4. It’s very helpful to label
things. You can make labels for various training equipment, grooming items, and medical supplies. This can be especially helpful if you use a cabinet or open shelving. Each row can have a label!
5. Clear plastic bins or wire racks
are helpful for loose items like polo wraps and grooming supplies.
6. Create a designated space for seasonal items
like blankets. If you’re tight on space, you might want to store them elsewhere.
7. Try not to store items on the floor
. It can make it difficult to sweep up!
8. Be diligent about cleaning and putting tack away in its correct place
. Instruct others at your barn to do the same!
9. Make sure to have empty spots
for new items.
the tack room regularly. This should include sweeping, dusting, and wiping off shelves.
Your tack room is one step closer to being tidy!
Need some inspiration? Check out: ‘These Luxury Tack Rooms Are Far From Ordinary