For the first time in five years, Tim McGraw is releasing a solo album. Titled Here on Earth, the disc will emphasize shared human experiences and emotions. Seems appropriate for the time, no?
“Here on Earth offers a collection of songs McGraw brought together to create vignettes of shared human emotions such as love, relationships, introspection and fun,” reads the album’s press material. “The album as a whole provides a musical tapestry of life and a shared experience that we can use to connect all the different lives that we live, all the different parts of the world that we come from and use music as the universal language to bring people together.”
It’s been a while since we’ve had a new McGraw album. His most recent solo album was November 2015’s Damn Country Music, and his collaborative album with Faith Hill, The Rest of Our Lives, dropped in November of 2017. Safe to say the Internet is pretty excited about Here on Earth:
The title track dropped on July 10th with an accompanying video featuring powerful images highlighting simultaneously human individuality and shared spirit. People featured in the video were asked to share their purpose in life while here on Earth, all giving very powerful answers.
Here on Earth Track List
1. “L.A.” (Carlton Anderson, Shane Minor, Phil O’Donnell)
2. ”Chevy Spaceship” (Jonny Price)
3. “Here On Earth” (Jessie Jo Dillon, Chase McGill, Jon Nite)
4. “Damn Sure Do” (Tony Lane, James T. Slater)
5. “Hallelujahville” (Tom Douglas, Blake Griffith, Brett Taylor)
6. “Good Taste in Women” (Jaren Johnston, Bryan Simpson, Nathan Spicer)
7. “Hard to Stay Mad At” (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Lori McKenna)
8. “Sheryl Crow” (Wendell Mobley, Neil Thrasher, Laura Veltz)
9. “Not From California” (Levi Hummon, Marcus Hummon, Matt McVaney, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
10. “Hold You Tonight” (Ross Copperman, Jon Nite)
11. “7500 OBO” (Matt McGinn, Jennifer Schott, Nathan Spicer)
12. “If I Was A Cowboy” (Zack Dyer, Lonnie Lee Fowler, Dave Turnbill)
13. “I Called Mama” (Marv Green, Lance Miller, Jimmy Yeary)
14. “Gravy” (Andy Albert, Tom Douglas, Allen Shamblin)
15. “War of Art” (Lance Miller, Jeremy Spillman, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
16. “Doggone” (Claire Douglas, Tom Douglas, Jaren Johnston, Aimee Mayo)
Here on Earth will be released on August 21st with a live stream event featuring Tim himself, but it’s available for pre-order here.
For more information, visit timmcgraw.com.