Carrie Underwood is a country superstar, actress, and author. She certainly has a way with words! It’s prominent in her co-written songs, such as “Good Girl,” “Two Black Cadillacs” and “All-American Girl.” But, it’s also shown through her famous quotes!
After her debut on American Idol, Carrie Underwood quickly jumped to the top where she currently has over 66 million records sold, including 28 number-one singles. She is a Grammy award-winning artist and a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
Her success is undeniable and she gives some words about how she made it. Not only are her songs relatable, but her quotes are, too!
- “Successful people have a social responsibility to make the world a better place and not just take from it.”
- “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.”
- “Throw caution to the wind and just do it.”
- “We’re all different. That’s what makes us special. We have to love each other and get on with each other. It’s not up to me to judge anybody.”
- “I can’t believe this is happening to me. The weirdest thing is it was just a dream, and now it’s actually real. It’s hard to believe sometimes.”
- “Singing is just a feeling set to music.”
- “I’ve learned this, that haters wanna hate. You could sing a song perfectly, you could write the songs perfectly, and some people are absolutely going to hate you.”
- “I think it’s okay to feel jealous, but it’s how you deal with it that’s the important thing. You have to be happy for your friends when they do well because you want them to do well. It’s not a competition.”
- “I’ve learned it’s really important to work hard and keep your family and friends close. You’ve got to let them know how much you appreciate them for sticking by you.”
- “All of us gave it all we’ve got, overcame a whole lot just being on the show and learned a lot about ourselves. We’re just normal people trying to do what we love and follow our dreams.”
Bonus ones because it’s Carrie Underwood!
- “Sometimes a girl’s gotta have some chocolate!”
- “Nobody’s going to tell me that my dog doesn’t love me. That’s crazy talk.”
- “I like to dance around the house when I’m getting ready. It gets my day going.”
- “I say what I need to, not a whole lot more.”
Listen to her newest album, “Denim & Rhinestones” here!