Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
The queen herself and country music superstar, Dolly Parton, has always had a way with words, whether it was on screen or through the lyrics of her songs. We are going to look at some of her most inspiring words from over the years.
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”
- “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.”
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.”
- “You’ll never do a whole lot unless you’re brave enough to try.”
- “I’m not going to limit myself just because people won’t accept the fact that I can do something else.”
- “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.”
- “Being a star just means that you just find your own special place, and that you shine where you are. To me, that’s what being a star means.”
- “Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
- “If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.”
- “When I’m feeling a little low, I put on my favorite high heels to stand a little taller.”
And for extra credit:
“It’s hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.”
We will always love you Dolly! Thank you for your positive words over the years!