Kacey Musgraves is a country music singer with six Grammy awards. She was originally from Golden, Texas. This Texan native drew inspiration from greats like Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Alison Krauss, and Patsy Cline. She is now known for her tell-it-as-it-is country music with a little gypsy undertone added to it.
- “I think if you’re everyone’s cup of tea, that probably means you’re a little bit boring, or you’re not pushing yourself. Creativity happens where it’s dangerous and scary: where you’re not comfortable.”
- “I’m all about small towns. I think it’s a great place to grow up.”
- “I love vintage cowboy boots, and some days I’m into platform stilettos encrusted in jewels. It’s really all over the place.”
- “I see my fans as music lovers. I really love that. There’s no age group or demographic. It’s people of all ages and backgrounds. Country people and non-country people. I wanted to make music across the board.”
- “When something comes to my brain, I don’t ignore it. You never know what it’s going to turn into.”
- “Just do something that makes you stand out. Even if not everyone likes it, just do it.”
- “Really connecting with someone and maybe opening their mind a little bit, is such a cool thing to be able to do through music.”
- “I’m really proud to be a woman representing country music.”
- “I burned my own damn finger pokin’ someone else’s fire.”
- “I’d rather be more of the hippie country chick – as in, instead of pointing a finger, just maybe saying, ‘We’re all screw-ups. We’re all in this kind of together. We’re all just figuring this out.'”
If you liked these, check out the best quotes from Loretta Lynn, her own idol.